About Me

My photo
I have struggled with weight my entire adult life. It's time for me to lose weight for ME!

Thursday, September 16

Learning Curve

Now that fall weather is here, I'm having to learn to cook and stay on plan all over again.  I've been on WW for 17 weeks now, but all of those weeks have been summer months, cooking summer foods.   It sounds weird, even to me, that there is such a thing as summer foods, fall foods, etc.  As the days get cooler and the evenings get darker I don't want to grill dinner.  I long to use the crock pot to make something hardy and yummy.  I want to feel the heat of the oven as I smell something great cooking in it.  The problem is, I don't know what to cook.  I find myself surfing websites, checking out blogs and doing a lot of thinking.

Last night, I baked pork chops with shake and bake Parmesan with Winter squash and mashed potatoes.  Too bad I didn't take the time to eat it before taking off for Zumba!

Martin requested meat loaf... turkey meat loaf to be exact.  Like any committed WW follower with E-tools, I searched the WW website for a great recipe.  It had good reviews, incorporated veggies and better yet, I had the stuff in my house!  I thought it was really good, better than I expected, honestly.  The WW recipe was a lot more complicated than a traditional meatloaf, but I enjoyed the sauteed onions, garlic and colored peppers...  I WILL make it again, but next time it will have more spices in it. 

I took a night off of exercise tonight.  Zumba really kicked my rear last night.  I did manage to run up and down the stairs at work about a dozen times today, carrying files and mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment